Bobby Lashley has stated that he has been approached about a potential fight against Mike Tyson.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), Bobby Lashley revealed to them that a ‘bare knuckle boxing company rep’ reached out to him about the possibility of whether or not he’d be interested in a boxing bout against Mike Tyson. Lashley reportedly noted that a deal was in the feeling out process, and he said he’d love to do it, and it would be an honor to compete against him.
Lashley noted that the rep mentioned that Madison Square Garden was a possible venue.
Lashley had told Fightful that he plans to continue his fighting career. The Almighty reportedly revealed that he had asked Vince McMahon about the possibility of fighting in the UFC, but McMahon had shot the pitch down.
The former WWE Champion’s most recent MMA bout took place in October 2016, with Lashley scoring a victory over Josh Appelt via submission.
Mike Tyson notably fought Roy Jones Jr in an exhibition boxing bout in November 2020, with the result being a split draw.
Lashley is currently the WWE US Champion. He is slated to defend the gold against Theory at SummerSlam on July 30.
Check out the announced card for the event right here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- New IMPACT World Champion Crowned
- NXT Stars Interfere In Big Match On SmackDown
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- Major WWE Championship Match Announced For SmackDown In London