Booker T has made a controversial judgment about the attitudes of AEW fans towards injuries sustained by members of the roster.
AEW has been plagued by injuries in the past year, with CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, Hangman Adam Page, Kenny Omega and Adam Cole all taking time off to heal.
WWE Hall of Famer Booker T, who recently returned as an announcer on WWE’s NXT brand, has been rather outspoken about his criticisms of AEW’s product in recent times, and he has fired off another that is sure to get people talking.
Speaking on his Hall of Fame podcast, Booker said that AEW’s audience don’t care about who gets hurt as long as they are entertained.
“The AEW fans, man. They don’t care about those guys in the ring. They do not care about those guys working. Those guys could — they’re nothing more than toys, video games for these guys.
“They don’t care about those guys in the ring.
“If they’re not out there getting a ‘This Is Awesome’ chant, they don’t give a damn about these guys going out there getting hurt. They really don’t.”
During the October 18 edition of AEW Dynamite, Hangman Adam Page suffered a concussion during the main event AEW World Title match against Jon Moxley, which left him lying motionless in the ring.
For more information about injuries sustained by members of the AEW roster, check out WrestleTalk’s injury tracker.
Transcription courtesy of SEScoops.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Newest Update On Bobby Lashley Vs. Bray Wyatt WrestleMania 39 Status
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Update On Legitimate Injury During AEW Dynamite
- Former WWE Star Arrives In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Appearance Rumours
- AEW Name Reveals Heartwarming Text From Rey Mysterio After Hall Of Fame Announcement
- Potential Spoiler On Major Musical Artist Set For WrestleMania 39
- This NXT Star Trained Vince McMahon & Steve Austin For WrestleMania Matches
- Latest On Plans For AEW UK Debut