WWE Hall of Famer Booker T has revealed that he thought that Karrion (Killer) Kross would’ve signed with AEW following his WWE release.
On the August 5 edition of SmackDown, Kross and Scarlett made their returns in the main event segment, following their WWE departures in November 2021.
Speaking on his Hall of Fame podcast, Booker T noted that he liked the return, but expected to see Kross in a different promotion, post-WWE:
“I mean, me personally, I like it, man. I like it a lot. I wasn’t a fan to see Karrion Kross leave WWE because I thought he would be a huge pickup for AEW. I don’t know how that did not come to fruition, him actually being a part of that crew over there. But, I tell you what, I’m, I’m liking it (Kross’ return)”
There were previously plans for Kross to appear for AEW and ROH respectively. Kross had turned down an offer from Tony Khan prior to his WWE return.
An update recently emerged on Kross’ status for Clash at the Castle in September, following the star teasing a clash with Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
Transcription via Sportskeeda.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Malakai Black Denies Being Granted AEW Release
- AEW Backstage Reaction To Malakai Black & Buddy Matthews Departures Revealed
- Candice LeRae Makes WWE Return On WWE Raw
- Report: Tony Khan Not Granting Any AEW Releases
- Latest White Rabbit Code Links To Mysterious Tik Tok Video
- Major Hint That ‘White Rabbit’ Could Be Malakai Black?
- Big Change To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian
- Trish Stratus Teases ‘Secret’ WWE Project
- Changes Coming Soon To AEW Television?
- Update On Swerve Strickland & Keith Lee Being Contacted By WWE