WWE Hall of Famer Booker T has some very high praise for Nick Gage following his match on AEW Dynamite this past Wednesday.
Gage, and the match against Chris Jericho, had a mixed reception from fans, but one man who is on board is Booker T.
Speaking on his podcast, Booker said:
“I’ll tell you this, Nick Gage, I have never met this dude before in my life. But I’ll tell you if everyone in this business had the same thought process as Nick Gage, the business would be in a much, much better place. We are in an era of social media. We are in an era everybody wants their followers, they want to post something.
“The guy, Nick Gage, you pull up photos of this guy, and you’re never gonna see him smiling in any of them. He’s got the same look on his face in every photo, every picture I have seen him in. There is not a picture of him being happy. It’s a picture of a guy who’s ready to go into a deathmatch each and every night. He’s the real deal. As far as what he does and what he brings to the table. So I cannot disparage him at all.”
The biggest controversy coming out of the match was Domino’s Pizza issuing a statement that it was considering no longer airing commercials during Dynamite after an ad was played in picture-in-picture while Gage was using a pizza cutter to cut Jericho’s head.
Gage himself and Jon Moxley have both responded to Domino’s’ complaint, which you can read more about at this link.
Quote via Bodyslam.net
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Newest Update On Bobby Lashley Vs. Bray Wyatt WrestleMania 39 Status
- Revealed: Will Vince McMahon Be At WrestleMania 39
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- AEW Star Legitimately Injured On Dynamite
- Confirmation Of Big Change For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major Name To Return To WWE When Company Is Sold?
- Shock Return & Heel Turn On AEW Dynamite
- Tony Khan To Retire Championship Belt Design
- Update On Legitimate Injury During AEW Dynamite