WWE Hall of Famer Booker T has commented on the possibility of him entering the 2023 Royal Rumble match.
On January 28, WWE will hold its first Royal Rumble event booked under the Triple H regime.
The 30 person over-the-top-rope matches usually feature numerous surprises, with notable names often returning to the company for the bouts.
Speaking on his Hall of Fame podcast, Booker T, who currently serves as an NXT commentator, noted that as of recording, WWE hadn’t talked to him about a potential Rumble in-ring appearance.
Stating that he’ll be ready for anything come January, Booker T said:
“I will be checking the mail everyday all the way up until that day, because if I get an invitation I’m definitely going to execute it, I’m definitely going to be there and I’m going to be prepared to be in the middle of the ring if that happens.
“But no, nobody’s talked to me or anything like that about being in the Rumble. I don’t have any itches to scratch or anything like that, but hey man, I’m always down.”
The Hall of Famer will return to the ring for his Reality of Wrestling promotion on December 18.
WWE recently confirmed that the event has broken the record for the largest gate for a Royal Rumble event in company history.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Details Of Another AEW Backstage Altercation Revealed
- Report: WWE Was Paid An Insane Sum For Mountain Dew Pitch Black Match
- Independent Promotion Announces Working Relationship With WWE
- Report Claims WWE Allowing NXT Stars To Work Select Independents
- Here’s When Nick Khan Expects WWE Sale To Happen
- Cody Rhodes On His Wrestling ‘Cardinal Sin’ At WWE Royal Rumble
- Name Change For WWE Star, Returns To NXT At Vengeance Day
- WWE Name Believes Rising Star Will Be Universal Champion One Day
- Kyle O’Reilly Update Following Post-Surgical Issue
- VIDEO: What Went Down With Bray Wyatt Following WWE SmackDown