You may have been under the impression that the guys at the top of WWE and AEW aren’t the best of pals at the moment, but according to Booker T, there is no outward animosity.
Booker and several other stars from wrestling’s past and present attended Ric Flair’s 70th birthday party this past week, and two of the guests were Triple H and Chris Jericho.
Speaking on his Heated Conversations podcast, Booker discussed whether there was any tension between the two men following Jericho’s very public allegiance with AEW.
“It’s great to have something, an alternative. It’s not a competition, it’s an alternative. You may not want to watch this game that’s on this channel but you might want to watch that one, you know what I mean? Both games are going to get good ratings because that’s how many people there is in the world. So, to be able to have an alternative is great. To be able to have so many new, young talent be seen and be able to make their legacy – put it down as far as they want to leave it. That’s really what it’s all about. I don’t think it’s about competing.”
“Chris Jericho was at the party, Triple H at the party, and we’re all sitting there talking together and there ain’t no heat, or animosity, or anything like that,” Booker explained. “I really think it’s enough room to go around. And that’s what Chris was talking about as far as what he’s bringing to the table as well from a backstage perspective, and really try to push this thing to a dimension where we have not seen in the wrestling business perhaps ever. And that right there, when you do it that way, you never know how big it’s gonna get.”
Booker explained that there were a number of WWE stars in attendance, and that there was no animosity between anyone from anyone in attendance.
- CM Punk Blasts Tony Khan, Chris Jericho & More In Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- Top WWE Star Says Doctors ‘Aren’t Letting Them Compete’
- Chris Jericho Responds To CM Punk Instagram Story
- Naomi Confirms WWE Departure?
- CM Punk Shares Follow Up Message After Now-Deleted Instagram Story
- Rumor Killer On WWE Offering Insane Money To Internet Star
- AEW Pitching Creative For Star Rumoured To Be Leaving
- AEW Star Helped Produce Incredible Kenny Omega Vs. El Hijo Del Vikingo Dream Match
- El Hijo Del Vikingo Next Match Announced By Tony Khan
- Report: AEW Star Refused To Lose Match, Hasn’t Been Used Since