WWE has come to terms on the releases of some big names including former Universal Champion Braun Strowman and Aleister Black.
Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful is reporting that the following names have been released by WWE:
- Braun Strowman
- Aleister Black
- Ruby Riott
- Santana Garrett
- Buddy Murphy
WWE has confirmed these releases on its official website.
Strowman is the most surprising name on the list and he was just in a WWE Championship match at WrestleMania Backlash last month.
Aleister Black had an extended period of absence but has been back on TV in recent weeks, and even started a program with Big E on SmackDown less than two weeks ago.
Lana and Ruby Riott had both been in tag teams with Naomi and Liv Morgan respectively, so the women’s tag division is now even more depleted than it already was.
Santana Garrett was called up to the main roster last year but creative just never thought of a way to introduce her – she was last seen in the Royal Rumble this past January. She was planned to debut for SmackDown before being let go today.
Murphy had barely been used since his split from Seth Rollins and a romance storyline with Aalyah Mysterio was dropped out of nowhere.
The last couple of months have been a big clearout period for WWE, with Nick Khan heading a new business strategy which is reportedly for WWE to become “the next Marvel”.
- WWE Raw Live Results – May 23, 2022
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Status For Tonight’s WWE Raw Revealed
- Kyle O’Reilly Reveals When His AEW Contract Expires
- Swerve Strickland Confirms Tag Team Name With Keith Lee
- Clarification On Exactly When Sasha Banks & Naomi Walked Out Of Last Week’s WWE Raw
- Jake Roberts ‘So Scared’ Of Losing Friendship With WWE Hall Of Famer
- Another Scrapped Name For Sheamus, Ridge Holland & Butch WWE Faction Revealed?
- AEW Double Or Nothing To Be Shown In Select Cinemas
- Date Of WWE’s Next Saudi Arabia Event Revealed
- WWE Again Buries Sasha Banks & Naomi During WWE Raw