WWE has come to terms on the releases of some big names including former Universal Champion Braun Strowman and Aleister Black.
Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful is reporting that the following names have been released by WWE:
- Braun Strowman
- Aleister Black
- Ruby Riott
- Santana Garrett
- Buddy Murphy
WWE has confirmed these releases on its official website.
Strowman is the most surprising name on the list and he was just in a WWE Championship match at WrestleMania Backlash last month.
Aleister Black had an extended period of absence but has been back on TV in recent weeks, and even started a program with Big E on SmackDown less than two weeks ago.
Lana and Ruby Riott had both been in tag teams with Naomi and Liv Morgan respectively, so the women’s tag division is now even more depleted than it already was.
Santana Garrett was called up to the main roster last year but creative just never thought of a way to introduce her – she was last seen in the Royal Rumble this past January. She was planned to debut for SmackDown before being let go today.
Murphy had barely been used since his split from Seth Rollins and a romance storyline with Aalyah Mysterio was dropped out of nowhere.
The last couple of months have been a big clearout period for WWE, with Nick Khan heading a new business strategy which is reportedly for WWE to become “the next Marvel”.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- What Happened With The Bloodline On SmackDown June 2
- Another WWE Star Qualifies For Money In The Bank Ladder Match
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?