Former WWE star Braun Strowman has revealed he once collapsed after a WWE PPV show from dehydration, and had to be taken to hospital.
Speaking to JC of the Free the Narrative podcast, Strowman revealed he collapsed while having a shower after filming the infamous Swamp Fight at Extreme Rules 2020.
“I care about my work and care how I’m projected. I want to be the best at everything I do. It’s a fault at times, but it’s a fact of life, listening to these guys bury you and crap all over the cinematic matches I had with Bray Wyatt and say it’s the worst match of the year and the worst thing they’ve ever seen. If anybody…people don’t have a clue what went into doing that. I worked for 28 hours straight trying to get this out to our fans, trying to get a product out to get people to take their mind of what’s going on in the world. I went to work the next day after filming to wrestle on television. I got home that night at like 12 at night to take a shower and collapsed and had to have an ambulance come get me from my house because I collapsed from dehydration. I went into full-body cramps.
“They double-plumed me on the way to the emergency room. I took four liters of fluid to get myself to stop cramping. To have to sit there and listen to people criticize and naysay, it made me hate everything. Not only having to go to work, but people in my life that care about me, hate myself, and sent me into this really bad place and the only way I could get away from it is in the gym. That’s why I’ve worked so hard on training because it’s one of the only things I can control.”
Strowman is yet to sign a new contract with another promotion following his WWE release in June, but reports suggest many in IMPACT Wrestling believe the promotion will be his next destination, and not AEW.
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Weekend Due To Injury
- WWE Announces Change To Money In The Bank Location
- AEW Announces Championship Belt Redesign
- Another AEW Double Or Nothing Match To Be Added?
- Bobby Lashley Teases Brock Lesnar WWE Return
- Nikkita Lyons Provides Injury Update After Being Pulled From NXT 2.0
- Jeff Cobb & Great-O-Khan Make AEW Dynamite Appearance
- Update On How Long Stephanie McMahon Will Be Away From WWE
- Men’s Owen Hart Foundation Tournament Final Set For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Full Audio: Pre-AEW Double Or Nothing Media Call With Tony Khan