Yet another casualty has fallen from the Mixed Match Challenge, as the ‘Monster Among Men’ Braun Strowman has been pulled from the tournament due to upcoming surgery on a bone spur in his elbow.
WWE made the announcement via Twitter:
BREAKING: The #MonsterAmongMen @BraunStrowman is unable to compete in the @WWE Mixed Match Challenge Playoffs after suffering a shattered elbow. #WWEMMC pic.twitter.com/vg6p3bSabV
— WWE (@WWE) November 21, 2018
Strowman was part of the ‘Monster Eclipse’ team with Ember Moon, and the two remained undefeated in the round-robin stage to be ranked Raw #1 seed for the knockout stages.
Braun’s replacement has not yet been announced, and this makes him the fifth pull-out of the tournament, with the others being Sasha Banks, Alexa Bliss, Kevin Owens and AJ Styles.
Not only will Strowman no longer be a part of the Mixed Match Challenge, his TLC match against Baron Corbin is also in potential jeopardy due to the surgery.
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Newest Update On Bobby Lashley Vs. Bray Wyatt WrestleMania 39 Status
- Revealed: Will Vince McMahon Be At WrestleMania 39
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- AEW Star Legitimately Injured On Dynamite
- Shock Return & Heel Turn On AEW Dynamite
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Update On Legitimate Injury During AEW Dynamite
- AEW All Access Reveals Young Bucks Considered Retirement After All Out
- Potential Spoiler On Major Musical Artist Set For WrestleMania 39