All Elite Wrestling has officially announced the suspension of Sammy Guevara. This comes after comments resurfaced from 2016 where Guevara said he wanted to rape Sasha Banks.
AEW released a full statement on the suspension on Twitter.
AEW statement on Sammy Guevara pic.twitter.com/11yL2QytF7
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) June 22, 2020
“AEW insists on doing our part to create a world of understanding and respect for humankind. We therefore strongly condemn the extremely offensive and hurtful words of Sammy Guevara. As such, effective immediately, Sammy is suspended without pay until further notice. Sammy has agreed to undergo extensive sensitivity training and, upon completion, his future status within the company will be re-evaluated.
During his suspension, his salary will be donated to the Women’s Center of Jacksonville.”
Guevara released a pair of tweets earlier today apologizing for his actions. The first was a broader apology while the second was directed at Sasha Banks herself.
Sasha Banks has also released a statement on the situation. In her tweet, she mentioned that everyone needs to do better to make their community a safer place for everyone. This story comes amidst the #SpeakingOut movement, a campaign meant to shine a light on sexual abuse and harassment in professional wrestling.
If you are affected by these stories at all and are looking for help, please follow this link.
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- Major Change To Seth Rollins’ Upcoming Marvel Movie
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- Another Championship Match Announced For June 7 AEW Dynamite
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- WWE Tag Team Confirmed For Match Against Each Other