The sudden WWE retirement of Vince McMahon is still the main talking point in the wrestling world even all these weeks later, with many different opinions and perspectives pouring in.
Many current WWE stars are reportedly ‘optimistic’ about the change, while many stars of the past are sad to see McMahon leave the company.
WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart recently spoke about Vince’s retirement at the Gathering Wrestling Convention, where he admited that he is ‘kind of sad’ about it.
“I’m like everybody else, I’m mostly just kind of surprised. I don’t think anybody’s ever made as big a footprint as Vince McMahon and, you know, I feel kind of sad about it, actually. I know people probably think I would be gloating or happy to see him go through what he’s going but I don’t. I feel bad that it happened or whatever has happened. I think his loss or his absence from the business will be sorely missed.”
Former WWE Champion Rob Van Dam also spoke about McMahon’s retirement, and how he ‘doesn’t like’ McMahon being gone.
transcription via F4WOnline
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Buddy Matthews ‘May Be Done’ With AEW
- Bullet Club Member Betrays Jay White & Turns Face At NJPW Burning Spirit
- Brock Lesnar Has Shaved Off His Beard (Photo)
- Wardlow Says MJF Is ‘Wholeheartedly A Piece Of S**t’
- The Hilarious Reason Teddy Long Is Trending On Twitter
- Buddy Matthews Confirms Wrestling Hiatus (VIDEO)
- The Bloodline Headed To Raw To Confront Top WWE Star
- Teddy Long Explains Twitter Account Blocking Spree
- AJ Styles Match Set For September 26 WWE Raw
- Wardlow Says AEW World Championship Is ‘In Shambles’