WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart has thrown shade on Hulk Hogan, claiming that the legend ‘didn’t know a headlock from a headlamp’.
On Friday (December 17), Hart will receive a Canada Walk of Fame induction. Speaking with the Calgary Sun, Hart discussed his wrestling career, noting that while with WWE (WWF), he wanted to be a good role model, especially for the locker room.
Hart pointed out that while he was making a name for himself, the likes of Hulk Hogan were on top. Stating that Hogan was very limited in the ring, Hart said:
“I was really well taught the art of wrestling by two Japanese guys (Mr. Hito and Mr. Sakurada). I was taught how to protect myself and my opponent so he doesn’t get hurt. More important than that, it was all about what I represented. I have an incredible body of work with so many different wrestlers. I was so proud of those matches.
“And all the Canadian wrestlers like Natalya or Edge were influenced by me. I think if you look back at wrestling when it was the Hulk Hogan show. He was six-foot-eight and a one-out-of-three wrestler. He didn’t know a headlock from a headlamp. He didn’t know very much. He knew how to do a clothesline and maybe a body slam. He was very limited.
“Vince McMahon took a chance with me and made me that champion. It meant so much to me that I think I tried to live up to be that champion. It was about being the best wrestler. I gave so much as that wrestler. I was a good role model in the dressing room. All that means a lot.”
Hart will be inducted into the Canada Walk of Fame by AEW’s Chris Jericho. Other inductees include actor Keanu Reeves and athlete Damian Warner.
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 27, 2022
- NJPW Officially Addresses ‘Severe Disagreement’ With Kota Ibushi
- Tony Khan Takes Shots At WWE Changing Money In The Bank Location
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Brandi Rhodes Spotted Backstage At WWE SmackDown
- Scrapped Idea For Matt Hardy To Lead An NXT Faction
- Scorpio Sky Reveals New TNT Championship Belt On AEW Rampage
- Kevin Owens Announced For Tonight’s SmackDown
- Update On Vince McMahon’s Plans For Max Dupri On WWE Main Roster
- NXT UK Star Charlie Dempsey Announced For PROGRESS Super Strong Style 16 Tournament