Bret Hart has fired another shot across the bow in his seemingly endless feud with WWE Hall of Famer Bill Goldberg.
Hart has had a grudge against Goldberg ever since the former WWE Universal Champion kicked him in the head at Starrcade 1999, effectively ending his in-ring career.
Goldberg isn’t the only one who Hart has had issues with, famously feuding with Shawn Michaels through much of the 1990s in WWE and beyond.
The most famous incident between the two took place at Survivor Series 1997, when Michaels took part in the infamous “Montreal Screwjob” wherein the Heartbreak Kid conspired with WWE officials to call a championship match in Michaels’ favour, and take Hart’s WWE World Title from him without Hart’s consent or knowledge.
Though the relationship between Hart and Michaels has been frosty in the intervening years, the two have since cooled their rivalry.
Speaking to The Ringer, Hart discussed when he decided to make amends with Michaels, while also taking another shot at Goldberg:
“We had our issues over the years. But I watched Undertaker and Shawn Michaels wrestle at one of the WrestleManias.
“Even then, I had such a bitterness towards Shawn, but I had to admit it was one of the greatest matches I ever watched.
“That’s where I ended up deciding to make friends with Shawn and bury the hatchet and all that. It was very truthful, that little story line with me and Vince and Shawn.
“Me and Shawn making up in the ring (in 2010) and shaking hands and all that, that was all very real and very moving for me. And was not something that was orchestrated.
“Shawn wanted that off his back and I was in a position to take it off his back and that was the best resolution for both of us.
“We’ve been friends ever since. And I’m grateful that he’s in a better place today. I wish that none of the bad history that we had had ever happened. I wished I’d never left for WCW because I probably wouldn’t have had a stroke and I probably wouldn’t have had to wrestle Bill Goldberg.”
Hart has made limited in-ring appearances since the incident with Goldberg, wrestling several matches during a brief return to WWE in 2010.
Transcription courtesy of Fightful.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Tony Khan Reveals Real Reason William Regal Wanted WWE Return
- Sami Zayn & Kenny Omega Continue Twitter Back And Forth
- Audible Called For Recent WWE Title Match To Finish Early
- AEW Star Believes Recent Backlash Wouldn’t Happen If She Was A Man
- Another WWE Star Undergoing Huge Character Change?
- New Bloodline Member Joins Booker T’s Training School
- AEW’s Jim Ross Addresses William Regal’s Apparent Departure
- WWE Newest Signee Revealed
- Tony Khan Says William Regal Can’t Appear On-Screen For WWE When He Returns
- Saraya Reveals Backstage Reaction To William Regal AEW Departure