In the main event of SummerSlam 1992, British Bulldog rolled up Bret Hart to win the Intercontinental Championship in one of the most iconic pro-wrestling moments ever.
Speaking on The Q Interview, Bret Hart explained that Vince McMahon had said not to reveal the ending of the match to him, as he wanted to watch it play out live.
Noting that he would regularly put his own matches together, Hart said:
“Before I was ever champion, most wrestlers would sit down and go to me, ‘What are we doing?’ And I would tell them what we’re doing and I was a guy that was — even with Vince McMahon, when I think of wrestling The British Bulldog at Wembley Stadium, I remember telling Vince, I said, ‘You want me to tell you the ending?’ And he goes, ‘Don’t tell me the ending. I wanna watch it,’ and it’s like that’s what I was.
“I was the guy that was the stunt coordinator or the director, the stage manager, I put the whole thing together. How it started, how we look at each other, when this happens then you get up and you come up to me and you do this or all the little details.”
Hart was recently inducted into the Canada Walk of Fame. On Instagram, Hart named the likes of Kenny Omega and Kevin Owens as Canadian stars that have filled his shoes, that he hopes will receive the same honor one day.
Quote via POST Wrestling.
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- Planned AEW PPV Match ‘In Jeopardy’
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- John Cena Match Set For September 22 WWE SmackDown
- WWE Official Comments On Recent Releases
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- Released WWE Star Refusing To Give ‘Championship’ Back