It looks like Brian Cage will be spending more time in AEW despite his apparent public frustrations with his booking.
According to Fightful Select, the former FTW Champion told those close to him at last night’s Dynamite that All Elite Wrestling had picked up the option year of his contract.
Cage was said to be very surprised with virtually everyone on the AEW roster believing his contract would simply expire.
Brian Cage has been active on the independent scene working for Revolver, Warrior Wrestling and others.
His wife Melissa Santos publicly addressed Cage’s frustrations with All Elite Wrestling last year, which he also seemed to echo in various tweets.
Cage last appeared on AEW television on the October 8 episode of Rampage. No word was given as to why or when he would return to TV.
We will have further updates on Brian Cage’s future in AEW when they become available.
- Huge News On Stone Cold Steve Austin Plans For WrestleMania 39
- WWE SmackDown Stars Move To Raw
- SPOILER: WWE Star Set For Return On Tonight’s January 30 Raw
- Brock Lesnar WWE Elimination Chamber 2023 Status Update
- WWE Unhappy With One Royal Rumble Performance
- Confusion Surrounding Nia Jax’s WWE Roster Status After Royal Rumble
- Post-Royal Rumble Update On The Rock Appearing At WrestleMania 39
- Big Spoiler For Another UK WWE PLE?
- Backstage Reaction To Royal Rumble Ending Featuring Bloodline & Sami Zayn
- WWE Star Injured At WrestleMania 38 Returns On Raw