It was reported last week that Brian Kendrick had requested hs WWE release, and was waiting for WWE to grant his request, in a similar manner to Mustafa Ali.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), Kendrick has in fact been granted his release, and is no longer under a WWE contract.
A source noted to Fightful that Kendrick is expected to be at the AEW Dynamite show in Chicago on Wednesday, but they did not note in what capacity.
Kendrick was scheduled to wrestle Harland on an episode of NXT 2.0 prior to his release, but the match never happened due to COVID-19 protocol.
UPDATE: AEW has already officially announced Kendrick’s debut match for tomorrow night.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Rumor Killer On WWE Star Taking ‘A Long Time’ Away From The Company
- Rey Mysterio Gives Honest Thoughts On Dominik Mysterio’s Character
- Jon Moxley Reveals Why He Was ‘F**king Furious’ About Recent AEW Show
- ‘Sentimental’ Special Entrance Planned For Top WWE Star At WrestleMania 39
- Jon Moxley Has High Praise For Surprising AEW Star
- Major Roxanne Perez Update For NXT Stand & Deliver