Some new details have emerged regarding the backstage reaction in WWE to the return of controversial former star Brian Kendrick.
Kendrick was slated to join AEW earlier this year, on the February 2 edition of AEW Dynamite.
However, his appearance was pulled after AEW owner Tony Khan was made aware of controversial comments Kendrick had made in the past regarding the holocaust.
Now reports have emerged that he has rejoined WWE, returned to his previous role in NXT as a backstage producer.
According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer:
“Brian Kendrick was backstage producing. Not sure if this was a tryout or a new hire. PWInsider reported it as a tryout. It is notable that he was about to start in AEW when it became a thing of controversy regarding him claiming the holocaust wasn’t real and he was dropped.
“For some reason, with WWE, I saw nothing at all regarding that subject and his being hired. The only thing we heard was that it was a surprise to most people, including those at NXT who know him, that he was back.”
To stay up to date with all the latest wrestling news, be sure to follow WrestleTalk on Twitter.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Potential Spoiler For WWE Royal Rumble Return
- Report: Lawsuit Filed Against Top AEW Star & AEW
- Report: WWE Drops Naughty Tag Team Name
- Report: Notable Promotion Sends WWE Cease & Desist Over Attempting To Contact Its Wrestlers
- Popular WWE Series Comes To An End
- Report: What Vince McMahon Is Doing At His Office At WWE HQ Revealed
- Bray Wyatt Opens Up About What Undertaker Told Him At WWE Raw 30
- Big E WWE Update Ahead Of Royal Rumble
- Report: Matt Riddle Out Of Rehab, Could Make WWE Return Soon
- Big Name Set To Appear On SmackDown January 27