Brian Pillman Jr has argued that it should’ve been a no-brainer to include him in the AEW Owen Hart Foundation tournament.
Speaking on Counted Out, the AEW star noted that he really wanted to be part of the tournament.
Believing that his inclusion would’ve made sense, Pillman said:
“Yeah, I mean, I’ll just go ahead and say straight up that I wish I was in it.
“I wasn’t too upset about it at first. Obviously, there’s a lot of great talent in there and a lot of people that were on a whole other level to me, and I know that Tony (Khan) put on some great, great matches and stuff. But looking back, I just wish that he had viewed me in a better way to want to use me for it. In my opinion, it was a no-brainer.
“It is kind of a shame because there was no one in the tournament to really represent that connection to the family. There wasn’t anybody, at least that I can think of, that was of a direct connection, you know?”
Pillman went on to reveal that he’s training hard for next year’s tournament, believing he could’ve worked harder as a singles wrestler to be included in this year’s proceedings.
Adam Cole won the men’s tournament, defeating Samoa Joe in the finals at Double or Nothing. Britt Baker was victorious in the women’s bracket, defeating Ruby Soho to win the tournament.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Hall Of Famer Reacts To Trinity Fatu Tribute At IMPACT Under Siege 2023
- Big Update On WWE World Heavyweight Championship Lineage After Seth Rollins’ Win
- Cody Rhodes Shares Message Ahead Of Brock Lesnar Match At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Roman Reigns Shares Final Message Before WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Paul Heyman Breaks Silence After Jimmy Uso Bloodline Betrayal
- VIDEO: Jimmy Uso Turns On Roman Reigns, Jey Uso Reacts
- Ex-NXT Star Helps Trish Stratus Beat Becky Lynch At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- AEW Star Opens Up About Fears That He’d Be Forced To Retire
- Former Champion Becomes A Free Agent, Multiple Promotions Interested
- WWE Crowns New World Heavyweight Champion At Night Of Champions