Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D. recently opened up to Mel Magazine about her biggest fear and her big dreams for the future.
In an excellent interview where she details her hectic schedule, the real life dentist Dr. Baker, reflects on a heavy realization that in an instant, her first career could be taken away from her in an instant.
When asked about being fearful of damaging her hands and being unable to practice dentistry, Britt said:
“That’s my biggest fear. In fact, I think I feared it so intensely that I manifested it when I broke my right wrist this past year, and I’m right-handed. That was tricky. I had just become AEW Women’s Champion so I didn’t want to take any time off. I didn’t want to let the fans down, my boss down, the women’s division down or the roster down, so I fought through it. I didn’t take time off. I didn’t get surgery. I just had a brace on my arm that I took off way more than I should have so that I could work in a dental office.
“For that reason, it definitely delayed the healing, and I had to delay a lot of appointments with extractions and heavy-duty dental office stuff. I was still able to do fillings and smaller stuff because you don’t use your wrist as much as you think you do; it’s a lot of fine movements. Because of how my wrist was fractured, I was able to still work in the dental office. I just had to be choosy about what I could do or not do. That was hard. It was an eye-opening experience that in the blink of an eye something you love can be taken from you, so we need to be thankful and we need to be careful.”
When discussing her goals for the future, Britt Baker has thoughts beyond dentistry and wrestling ring, saying:
“If I can, I’d also love to cross over into mainstream media, because I really love professional wrestling, but I also love playing a character. I love acting and everything that goes along with it. I’d love to be a major female name who gets to cross over into Hollywood or mainstream media. But at the same time, I want to be somebody’s favorite wrestler even 15 or 20 years from now. When I’m not wrestling anymore, I still want to be on someone’s list of favorite wrestlers. I don’t want to be someone who was only relevant when they were an in-ring competitor. I want to have those matches, promos and moments that people study years from now.”
Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D. may have not had any matches at AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door but she certainly has had a good 2022 so far.
You can view all the win/loss records for the AEW Women’s roster by clicking here.
- Cora Jade & Bron Breakker Trending On Twitter After Possibly Revealing Relationship
- AJ Styles On Triple H Taking Over Creative From Vince McMahon: ‘It’s Just Different’
- Are Vince McMahon Newly Revealed Unrecorded Payments Related To Donald Trump?
- Danhausen Credits Himself & Orange Cassidy For Bringing In New Fans To AEW
- Santos Escobar Featured On WrestleMania 39 Launch Party & Teases Main Roster Call Up
- Roman Reigns Status For WWE Extreme Rules Revealed
- More Released WWE Stars Returning On SmackDown, New WWE Couple Dating, Bray Wyatt Return Plans – News Bulletin – August 12, 2022
- Kayla Braxton Transitioning To WWE Commentator Role?
- NXT UK Results For August 11, 2022
- WWE NXT Level Up August 12 Set For Debut & Chase U