Britt Baker has confirmed that WWE ‘definitely’ let her know they were interested in signing her, while she was with AEW.
Baker’s partner, Adam Cole, previously noted that NXT had previously asked him about Baker’s availability. A later report stated that there were no formal talks between Baker and WWE, and the company never made an approach to avoid contract tampering.
On Throwing Down with Renee Paquette & Miesha Tate, Baker explained that the interest wasn’t mutual, noting:
“It’s no secret, (Adam) has already said it, that cat is out of the bag and I’m not going to get in trouble. WWE was definitely poking the bear a little bit through him recently, when I was still with AEW. ‘Hey, we’re interested in her,’ without teetering the line of contract tampering, they definitely let me know that they had interest in me, but it wasn’t a mutual thing. I’m very happy with AEW and thankful for the opportunities and this is where I want to stay,”
Baker is the current AEW Women’s Champion, winning the title from Hikaru Shida at Double or Nothing in May. She notably headlined the historic AEW Dynamite Grand Slam Arthur Ashe Stadium event, defending her gold against Ruby Soho.
Transcription via Fightful.
- Roman Reigns Next Three Title Challengers Revealed
- Huge Update On Triple H WWE Status
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Status For Tonight’s WWE SmackDown
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 20, 2022
- Stephanie McMahon Departure Announcement ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
- WWE Talent ‘Could Not Understand’ Why Sasha Banks & Naomi Walked Out
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 20, 2022
- AEW’s Future In Further Doubt Following WarnerMedia Upfronts?
- Here’s Who Pitched Asuka Beating Becky Lynch After Sasha Banks & Naomi Walk-Out
- Did WWE Spoil Result Of Tag Team Title Unification Match?