…well who saw this coming at the start of the day?
We have a new WWE Champion, and his name is Brock Lesnar.
Brock Lesnar was originally scheduled to challenge Roman Reigns for the Universal Championship at tonight’s WWE Day 1 event. However, Roman Reigns revealed on Twitter that he had tested positive for COVID-19, and was removed from the show.
Lesnar was instead added to the WWE Championship four-way match, which he ended up winning by pinning Big E to capture the title.
#TheBeast is back on top!#WWEDay1 @BrockLesnar pic.twitter.com/Qt9vyFDl2B
— WWE (@WWE) January 2, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups