The groundwork for Brody King signing with All Elite Wrestling were laid by two of the four pillars of the promotion.
King debuted on AEW television on the January 12 episode of Dynamite, joining Malakai Black to form the House of Black stable.
Appearing on AEW Unrestricted Podcast, the former ROH star revealed who specifically pushed for him to join the fold with the promotion.
“It was just kinda weird. A lot of people that were excited for me to be there were also maybe campaigning for me to come there. Guys like MJF and Darby and there’s a whole list of people I used to work with on the indies and we all came up together. They would check in every couple months like ‘When is your contract up, when are you coming here’. Then obviously with the fallout of Ring Of Honor, the gears started turning a little bit more. I got into contact with Tony maybe the day after the [ROH] news broke. It happened rapidly. I would say the wheels really started turning when Malakai got released from WWE and we started putting this House Of Black/Kings Of The Black Throne thing together.”
Brody King has been a nice fit with Malakai Black in the House of Black. The two have since been joined by Buddy Matthews in the group.
The House of Black will team up against Fuego Del Sol, Evil Uno and Stu Grayson in a trios match this Friday on AEW Rampage.
Quotes via Fightful
- Buddy Matthews ‘May Be Done’ With AEW
- Bullet Club Member Betrays Jay White & Turns Face At NJPW Burning Spirit
- Brock Lesnar Has Shaved Off His Beard (Photo)
- Wardlow Says MJF Is ‘Wholeheartedly A Piece Of S**t’
- The Hilarious Reason Teddy Long Is Trending On Twitter
- Buddy Matthews Confirms Wrestling Hiatus (VIDEO)
- The Bloodline Headed To Raw To Confront Top WWE Star
- Teddy Long Explains Twitter Account Blocking Spree
- AJ Styles Match Set For September 26 WWE Raw
- Wardlow Says AEW World Championship Is ‘In Shambles’