It’s being reported that new WWE NXT talent Bron Breakker is expected to be receiving a big push very soon.
This seemed evident on Tuesday’s episode of NXT, which saw Breakker debut by beating LA Knight, and then confronting new champion Tommaso Ciampa at the end of the show.
PWInsider is reporting that Bron Breakker is set for “quite a push in the coming weeks”, so it sounds like his impressive outing on Tuesday wasn’t a one-off.
Breakker is the son of Rick Steiner and nephew of Scott Steiner, but this was something that was never mentioned besides a cheeky line from Vic Josph comparing Breakker to a “dog-faced gremlin”, which was a nickname of his father.
According to Dave Meltzer, the commentators were banned from mentioning Rick Steiner, for whatever reason. It seems WWE wants all ‘characters’ to be the company’s own creations from now on, rather than relying on family lineages.
William Regal’s son, real name Bailey Matthews, was renamed Charlie Dempsey on last night’s NXT UK, for example. Why you wouldn’t want to promote him as Regal’s son is all kinds of weird.
It certainly seems that Breakker could be next in line for an NXT Championship match, and the question is whether WWE will make the decision to give him the ball at this early stage, which would set out the tone for the future of the developmental brand.
- Hit Row Return On WWE SmackDown
- Tony Khan Officially Announces Parker Boudreaux Is All Elite
- Karrion Kross References Release In Promo On SmackDown
- Swerve Strickland Reacts To Hit Row WWE Return On SmackDown
- Tyson Fury Announces Retirement From Boxing
- Talent Believe The WWE Draft Is Coming After Clash At The Castle
- Former WWE Referee Scott Armstrong Appears On IMPACT Emergence
- Another Legal Update On Jeff Hardy DUI Case
- NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 16 Results
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw