Ahead of Monday’s WWE Raw, it was reported that Vince McMahon and several other top WWE executives weren’t at the taping.
As per Ringside News, Raw & SmackDown Executive Director Bruce Prichard has missed multiple WWE shows recently. Dave Meltzer appeared to confirm this report on Wrestling Observer Radio, noting that Prichard has been dealing with a health issue.
Commenting on the backstage names who missed Monday’s WWE Raw, Meltzer said:
“No Bruce Prichard. There’s an issue with Bruce Prichard. I’m not exactly clear, I just heard a health issue and he’s been sick. He was sick a couple of weeks ago and he’s missed other shows, I believe. Vince, Kevin Dunn, Michael Hayes wasn’t at the show…I think those were the main people that were not at the show tonight but I think those are precautionary measures.”
Ed Koskey has been filling in for Prichard at recent tapings, per Ringside News.
Following a recent COVID-19 outbreak, a number of top WWE stars were pulled from the Holiday Tour due to ‘the effects of COVID-19’. An update has emerged on WWE protocols introduced backstage ahead of Saturday’s WWE Day 1 pay-per-view.
We wish Prichard a safe and healthy recovery.
Quote via WrestlingNews.co.
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- The Miz Comments On Dolph Ziggler WWE Release
- Update On Former WWE Stars Signing New WWE Deals
- Released WWE Star ‘Promises To Keep Going’ Following Release
- WWE Tag Team Returns On SmackDown