Bryan Danielson is asked about the backstage fracas after that now infamous AEW media scrum after AEW All Out 2022.
In speaking to Sports Illustrated, AEW star Bryan Danielson spoke about being on the hunt for the AEW World Championship after it was vacated due to suspension.
While Danielson was asked about the backstage melee that reportedly occurred, he took an interesting route in his response.
Showing off his exceptional media training, Danielson commented what was tantamount to a very polite ‘no comment,’ by instead, offering a solution.
The former Planet’s Champion saying of the fall out after All Out:
“Tony made a statement last week on Dynamite, I hate to say, ‘Oh, this is what happened,’ when I wasn’t in the room.
“I tend to focus on what I can control and focus on the opportunities that present themselves whenever there is any type of disruption—whether it is something like this or even something, for example, like the pandemic.
“Wrestling in front of nobody was a real opportunity to hone my craft. It became what William Regal likes to call ‘close-up magic.’ We didn’t have the crowd or anything like that, and I learned so much about myself and what worked from a wrestling standpoint.
“It was no longer theater. It became cinema. There were things you could do there that you couldn’t do in front of a live crowd. It was a lot of fun mentally to try to figure that out.”
Noting that his upcoming match with Jericho and beyond were opportunities for AEW that wouldn’t have otherwise existed, Danielson noted:
“This is an opportunity to create more excitement. I’m pretty pumped about the title tournament. It just lends gravity to all these matches. I’m really excited.”
Bryan Danielson bested Chris Jericho on the September 14 edition of AEW Dynamite to advance to the final in the AEW World Championship tournament against fellow Blackpool Combat Club member, Jon Moxley.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Former Women’s Champion Wants To Face GUNTHER For WWE Intercontinental Title
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Popular WWE Team To Potentially Reunite After WrestleMania