Bryan Danielson made his AEW debut at the All Out event in September, after departing WWE following a 10+ year run in the promotion, where he main evented two WrestleManias and captured the WWE Championship on four occasions.
Danielson recently spoke to the Casual Conversations with The Wrestling Classic, where he revealed that he felt ‘trapped’ in WWE, because they just wanted him to be the ‘Yes’ guy, before revealing his personal favourite run in the company.
“WWE obviously wants ‘Yes Guy’ Daniel Bryan because that’s marketable. Doing the ‘yes’ chant, to me, it felt a little bit like it trapped me in certain ways. Somebody who yearns for freedom. My favorite part of my whole WWE run was when I was the planet’s champion and I wasn’t doing the ‘yes’ chant at all.”
Bryan Danielson has abandoned the Yes chants in AEW to return to his old mantra of kicking people’s f-ing heads in, which he did quite literally to Colt Cabana on last week’s Dynamite show, causing the Dark Order member to lose some teeth.
transcription via Wrestling Inc
- PHOTOS: Sasha Banks Victim Of Car Break-In
- WWE Reaches Out To AEW Star, Brandi Rhodes WWE In-Ring Return, NXT UK Invades NXT 2.0 – News Bulletin – August 17, 2022
- Santos Escobar Breaks Silence Following NXT Departure
- WWE Spoils Result Of Upcoming Championship Match
- Becky Lynch Shares Update On Shoulder Injury
- Rey Mysterio Still Has CM Punk’s Hair From 2010 Rivalry
- Latest On Kenny Omega Absence Ahead Of Potential AEW Return
- Final Set For G1 Climax 32 Tournament
- Another Debut Announced For Next Week’s NXT 2.0
- Becky Lynch On How Much Creative Freedom She Has With WWE Promos