Bryan Danielson made his AEW debut at the All Out event in September, after departing WWE following a 10+ year run in the promotion, where he main evented two WrestleManias and captured the WWE Championship on four occasions.
Danielson recently spoke to the Casual Conversations with The Wrestling Classic, where he revealed that he felt ‘trapped’ in WWE, because they just wanted him to be the ‘Yes’ guy, before revealing his personal favourite run in the company.
“WWE obviously wants ‘Yes Guy’ Daniel Bryan because that’s marketable. Doing the ‘yes’ chant, to me, it felt a little bit like it trapped me in certain ways. Somebody who yearns for freedom. My favorite part of my whole WWE run was when I was the planet’s champion and I wasn’t doing the ‘yes’ chant at all.”
Bryan Danielson has abandoned the Yes chants in AEW to return to his old mantra of kicking people’s f-ing heads in, which he did quite literally to Colt Cabana on last week’s Dynamite show, causing the Dark Order member to lose some teeth.
transcription via Wrestling Inc
- Former WWE Star Banned From Sting’s AEW Retirement Match
- Former WWE Star Alleges Incident ‘Worse’ Than Recent Vince McMahon Lawsuit
- Cody Rhodes Breaks Silence After Bloodline Attack On WWE Raw
- Cara Pipia Claims Ashley Massaro Was ‘Threatened’ To Keep Quiet About Alleged Rape, Vince McMahon & Stephanie McMahon Named
- ‘Massive Issue’ Caused By New Policy For Sasha Banks/Mercedes Mone AEW Debut Show
- WWE Star Seemingly Turning Heel
- Untelevised Footage Of CM Punk Comments After WWE Raw Went Off Air
- WWE Star Confirms Torn ACL Injury
- Dominik Mysterio Addresses Claim WWE Crowd Reaction Is Fake
- WWE Star Not Seen For Six Months Teases Feud With Gunther