Bryan Danielson, formerly Daniel Bryan, has opened up about his decision to join All Elite Wrestling (AEW) following All Out.
Danielson made his debut at the end of the show to side with Christian Cage, Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus against the Elite, which included fellow new signing Adam Cole.
After the show, Danielson was part of the media scrum, and opened up about this new chapter in his career. He said:
“I’m not here to see how good I am. I know I’m good, right? I think everybody knows I’m pretty good, and I’m not cocky about it, I’ve just been around the world, I’ve been in the ring with the best guys and all that kind of stuff. I wanna see how good these guys are, because you can only see so much by watching.
“I’ve watched Kenny Omega, and I think, man, the last time I wrestled him had to have been 2007 or 2008 or something. Man, he looks like he’s gotten good. Is he? Is he as good as he looks? When I see Jungle Boy, when I see Darby Allin, when I see all of these people and I think, ‘They’re good. I wonder how good they are’. And that sort of thing excites me. I’m excited by the idea of new, the idea of fresh, and I’m excited by the things that they’ve built here.
“Honestly, it was an internal battle the whole time. I loved where I worked before, like… I did. And I loved the people I worked with. But there was never a (specific) moment that I was like, ‘Oh now I know’. It’s just, I kept seeing it, I kept being like, ‘God…’.
“So one of the things, I don’t know how many of you are married or have kids, but when you’re married and you have kids, your life becomes a little bit tame. I love it, but it’s a little bit tame. I need one part of my life that’s a little bit wild, right? You see these guys doing these crazy things and I’m like, ‘Oh my God, can I do that?’. Hell yes I can. I don’t care. I’m gonna go out there, and I’m gonna show everybody here what ‘elite’ really looks like. This is what elite looks like.
“Punk had come in and said, ‘Oh I wanna help the young guys’ and all that kind of stuff. No man, I’m gonna kick their f**king heads off.”
If you use this quote or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
We’ll continue to cover more quotes coming out of the media scrum from Bryan Danielson and others so keep an eye out for some interesting comments throughout the day.
- NXT Star Works Another WWE Main Roster Show Amid Call-Up Rumors
- WWE Star Claims He Was Released Due To ‘Backstage Political Power Play’
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- Anoa’i Family Member Pitches Two New Members Of The Bloodline
- Cody Rhodes Next WWE Feud Revealed?
- Top Dolla Addresses WWE Future Of Hit Row Teammates After His Release
- Current WWE Name Thinks One Released Star May ‘Find His Way Back’ To WWE
- Big Update On Becky Lynch’s NXT Future
- Championship Matches Added To AEW WrestleDream 2023