Bryan Danielson has reflected on his WWE departure, sharing his thoughts on his final match with the company.
Danielson’s WWE contract expired following his Universal Championship match against Roman Reigns on the April 30 edition of SmackDown.
The former WWE Champion made his wrestling return at AEW All Out 2021 that September.
Speaking on My Mom’s Basement with Robbie Fox, Danielson noted that he wasn’t sure if he was going to join AEW when leaving WWE.
Believing that the Roman Reigns bout would’ve been a great way to end his full-time wrestling career, Danielson said:
“The one unique experience at WrestleMania (37) where it was just like, ‘Woah, this feels empty. Ironically, my last match in WWE with Roman, I was pumped for.
“I loved it, and it was in the Thunderdome. It was a bunch of screams and canned-down noises and stuff, and I was, ‘This is great! I love this,’ and like, I honestly thought that’s a perfect way to go out.
“Because I also wasn’t sure if I was even going sign with AEW. I was debating back and forth, but I was also debating on just kind of — I don’t want to say hanging it up, but just stop doing it full time and focus more on being a dad.”
Danielson made his return from injury during this week’s (July 27) Dynamite: Fight for the Fallen, losing to Daniel Garcia in singles action.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Hall Of Famer Reacts To Trinity Fatu Tribute At IMPACT Under Siege 2023
- Big Update On WWE World Heavyweight Championship Lineage After Seth Rollins’ Win
- Cody Rhodes Shares Message Ahead Of Brock Lesnar Match At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Roman Reigns Shares Final Message Before WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- VIDEO: Jimmy Uso Turns On Roman Reigns, Jey Uso Reacts
- Ex-NXT Star Helps Trish Stratus Beat Becky Lynch At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Paul Heyman Breaks Silence After Jimmy Uso Bloodline Betrayal
- Former Champion Becomes A Free Agent, Multiple Promotions Interested
- WWE Crowns New World Heavyweight Champion At Night Of Champions
- AEW Star Opens Up About Fears That He’d Be Forced To Retire