Bryan Danielson has some ideas for his opponent at Forbidden Door, some you may have thought of but perhaps a few you hadn’t expected.
Bryan Danielson recently chatted with Sports Illustrated about AEW’s upcoming pay-per-view Double or Nothing but also ventured into the future to discuss their next pay-per-view offering, the impending AEW x NJPW event Forbidden Door.
When discussing who he would like to face at the inaugural event scheduled for June 26, Bryan Danielson said:
“I would love to wrestle Okada. But in the back of my mind, I’m thinking about Zack Sabre Jr. and wrestling him to see who is the best technical wrestler in the world. We have two very different styles of technical wrestling. We wrestled in 2008, and he was just a kid, but I was super impressed with him then. He’s grown into this amazing wrestler, and I don’t ever recall seeing anyone wrestle with his technique.
“There are a ton of guys I’d like to wrestle. You mentioned Okada, and that’s a match I really want. I want [Tomohiro] Ishii. Tanahashi and I wrestled in 2004, but we are totally different people now than we were then. That would be a lot of fun. Shingo and I wrestled in 2010. That would also be a lot of fun. I was hoping to get a match against Kenta in WWE, but it just never happened, and I would love to wrestle him. I’d also love to wrestle [Katsuyori] Shibata. I’m open to whoever Tony [Khan] and New Japan want me to go up against.”
Bryan Danielson is set to take part in a match at AEW Double or Nothing where he and Blackpool Combat Club member Jon Moxley will team with Eddie Kingston, Santana & Ortiz to take on the Jericho Appreciation Society.
- Scrapped Pitch For Sting AEW Retirement Revealed
- Bayley Reacts To Dakota Kai & Damage CTRL WWE Betrayal
- AEW Star Contract Expiry Update
- Potential WWE Signing Recalls Conversations With Shawn Michaels
- WWE Star Praises AEW’s Sting For Going Out On His Own Terms
- AEW Star Set For Return Match Against Brother
- Details On WWE Star’s Role In Upcoming Movie
- Cody Rhodes Sends Message To Sting Ahead Of AEW Revolution Retirement
- Former AEW Star’s WWE Return Match Announced
- Sting’s Son Shares Emotional Message Ahead Of AEW Revolution Retirement Match