Bryan Danielson made his AEW debut at the end of the AEW All Out pay-per-view in 2021.
Bryan came to AEW after spending over a decade as Daniel Bryan in WWE, which also included him retiring for two years.
Bryan has portrayed a different side of his character since he came to AEW, not using the popular Yes chants that he made famous in WWE.
Bryan spoke to “One Fall” with Ron Funches, where he spoke about the scary part of joining AEW after so long in WWE.
“The scary part of it was stepping outside of this comfort zone that I had in WWE.
“And also, in AEW, you see them doing some pretty risky things. I was like, I don’t know if physically I can do that anymore. Over the last year-plus, I’ve proven to myself that I can, which is kind of one of the things I was looking for as I was 40 then, I’m 41 now, to see if I can still do some of those things to physically test myself.
“A lot of people, my wife included, are like, ‘Why do you constantly desire to test yourself, to test your body’s capabilities?’ And I don’t know why I have that desire, but I do.”
Bryan Danielson is currently in the middle of an internal conflict between Blackpool Combat Club members Jon Moxley and William Regal.
He is set to collide with Dax Harwood on next week’s episode of AEW Dynamite.
transcripion via Wrestling Inc.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Shocking WWE Tag Team Split
- NXT Women’s Champion Roxanne Perez Announces Mystery Partner Is…
- Popular AEW Star Calls MJF ‘A Real Piece Of S**t’
- NXT Star References Recent Twitter Beef With Main Roster WWE Star On TV
- WWE Raw Viewership & Demo Rating Decrease For February 6 Episode
- NXT Star Freaks Out After Interaction With Ava Raine
- NJPW & IMPACT Wrestling Announce Huge Crossover Show
- Big Return On WWE NXT
- Another Anoa’i Family Member Pitched For WWE Bloodline Faction
- Wes Lee Reveals What He Would Like To Incorporate In His Wrestling