2021 has been the year of the dragon. Be it Bryan Danielson’s AEW debut at All Out, his classic with Kenny Omega, his series with the Tribal Chief, or even main eventing night two of this year’s WrestleMania.
Bryan Danielson recently appeared on the Casual Conversations podcast from the Wrestling Classic, where he reflected on feeling like he didn’t need to be in the match at WrestleMania, and how he felt like he was going to die.
“The Wrestlemania moment was just weird, I really honestly didn’t feel like I belonged in that triple threat match with Roman and Edge. I thought the story was strong enough on its own for it to be just them. I knew for sure what I was going to do contract-wise, but I knew I was going to be taking some time off. When my contract expired, it was the last day of April. I was like okay even If I come back I should do something where I wrestle somebody else and kind of put them over at Wrestlemania. I thought Jey Uso would’ve been a great choice for that but you know somebody else in that vein. So that was my thinking going out. When I walked out for the match at Wrestlemania, it felt so empty. Fans were cheering and all that kind of stuff. When I wrestle, I feel everything. What I remember most about that match is just feeling empty and thinking oh man, I legitimately felt like am I gonna die… Is this a premonition that I’m gonna die and I wasn’t even freaked out.“
Danielson is set to continue his ongoing gauntlet against the Dark Order members on next week’s (December 1) episode of AEW Dynamite, when he takes on hometown hero Alan Angels in Atlanta.
transcription via WrestlingNews.co
- WWE Finds Another $5 Million In Payments By Vince McMahon That Should Have Been Classed As Company Expenses
- Huge Change Coming To AEW PPVs?
- AEW Stars’ Current Belief About MJF’s Status
- Tony Khan Drops Huge Tease For AEW ‘Quake By The Lake’
- WWE 2K23 Officially Confirmed, Release Date Window Revealed?
- AEW’s Anna Jay Officially Undergoes Name Change
- John Cena Status For WWE Clash At The Castle Revealed
- Ariya Daivari Working As Producer For AEW
- Triple H Splits Up WWE Tag Team
- Mandy Rose Calls Herself This NXT 2.0 Star’s ‘Mother’