Bryan Danielson made his AEW debut back at the All Out pay-per-view last September, and is now one of the top stars in the entire promotion.
Bryan has managed to adapt to the AEW style perfectly, which is something that he was told to do by Tony Khan. Speaking on the Masked Man Show, Bryan explained:
“I don’t remember exactly what it was, but he said, ‘I think we’re gonna have to spend some time to get that notion out of your head,’ which was a very WWE notion of how wrestling is.”
Bryan continued on, explaining what he learned from Vince McMahon during his 11 year run in WWE. He said:
“If somebody asks you a question, ‘well, maybe we could do…’ and you put out maybe not even your best answer. You could just say, ‘Hmmm, let me think about it.’ Sometimes when you talk to him and ask him a question, he’ll sit there and not say a word for 30 seconds or longer, which feels like the longest time in history, but he’s not going to give you a bad answer. He’s not going to give you an off-the-cuff answer. The ability to sit and wait and be patient enough, and even if you don’t come up with it, you get, ‘okay, let me think about that.’ That was one of the earliest lessons I learned from him, but there is no trepidation in the back of my mind that he wouldn’t want me to say that [laughs].”
Bryan is set to take on Jon Moxley at the upcoming AEW Revolution pay-per-view next weekend.
transcription via Fightful
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- WWE Name Demands An Apology From The Rock