AEW referee Bryce Remsburg – if that is his real name – has revealed he recently signed a new deal to remain with the promotion.
Remsburg was the latest guest on the AEW Unrestricted podcast during which he announced the news, saying:
“Excalibur and I got hired the same day, August 1, 2019 and we exchange fun texts every August 1, ‘Happy hire-versary’. I have since re-upped for another couple of years. The travel portion part of the job became part of the package and I pretty much eat, breathe, and sleep All Elite.”
Remsburg didn’t say exactly how long he’s signed before besides the “another couple of years” line.
He has refereed many top AEW matches, including the Exploding Barbed Wire Deathmatch between Kenny Omega and Jon Moxley this past February at Revolution.
Former WWE senior referee Mike Chioda recently joined the list of people who have criticised AEW’s refereering, and implied that he wants to help train the refs but Tony Khan doesn’t want him to.
AEW’s referee core is made up of Aubrey Edwards, Paul Turner, Bryce Remsburg, Rick Knox, Mike Posey, and Frank Gastineau.
Quote via Fightful
- Scrapped Championship Win Plans For Released WWE Star Revealed
- Major Spoiler For Jade Cargill WWE Debut?
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match
- Which WWE Brand Jade Cargill Is Expected To Debut On Revealed
- Update On Becky Lynch WWE Status
- Tony Khan Interested In Free Agent Rumored To Join AEW Or WWE
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Winning Back The NXT North American Championship
- Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) AEW Debut Reaches Impressive Media Numbers
- Unseen Footage Of Surprise Return On WWE Raw
- Bryan Danielson Lists Dream Opponents For Final Full-Time Year In AEW