It was announced earlier in 2019 that Sky Sports would be ending its 30-year relationship with WWE, and would no longer be broadcasting its shows as of the end of 2019.
The rights to broadcast WWE went to Sky Sports’ main UK competitor BT Sport, who have just revealed that NXT will be shown live in the UK at the same time as it is in America.
This is something Sky Sports never did, so UK fans will be very pleased that this change has been implemented.
Because of the time difference, WWE’s weekly shows start at 1am in the UK, which isn’t exactly the best time for most people due to being in education of having jobs, so the viewership has never been particularly high.
There has been some debate as to whether being on BT Sport will increase viewership, but as it’s a cheaper service, WWE will be hoping that more people will tune in to watch it.
You want NXT? You got it.
BT Sport will be showing NXT and NXT UK from January 2020
System, shocked. Boom. pic.twitter.com/EX9hlRan0t
— BT Sport WWE (@btsportwwe) December 31, 2019
Oh and NXT UK will also be shown, which will increase its current viewership from 4 to 5.
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- Major Change To Seth Rollins’ Upcoming Marvel Movie
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- Another Championship Match Announced For June 7 AEW Dynamite
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- WWE Tag Team Confirmed For Match Against Each Other