An injured AEW star made their return to AEW television on tonight’s AEW Dynamite Quake by the Lake special episode.
The show kicked off with the Coffin match between Darby Allin and Brody King of the House of Black after weeks of feuding.
During the match, the lights went out as the House of Black made their way out to ringside, including Buddy Matthews, who had been off AEW TV with an injury.
Buddy tweeted a clock emoji earlier today, seemingly as a reference to his impending return.
Sting also made a surprise appearance during the opening match, appearing out of the coffin to fight off Buddy Matthews and Malakai Black with his baseball bat, before Darby ultimately won the match.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Incredible Brock Lesnar Gesture At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- AEW Star Makes Surprise AAA Appearance, Match Set For TripleMania XXXI
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Paul Heyman Describes ‘Method Acting’ With Current AEW Star
- AEW Star Wants ‘One More Run’ As A Wrestler
- Absent AEW Star ‘Not Being Brought Up Creatively’
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans