AEW star Buddy Matthews has reacted to the Rhea Ripley & Aalyah confrontation from Monday’s (July 25) edition of WWE Raw.
During the show, Ripley made her return to interrupt Rey Mysterio’s WWE 2oth anniversary backstage celebration. Rey’s daughter Aalyah came face to face with Ripley, before Ripley pushed her away, before the Judgment Day attacked Mysterio.
Buddy Matthews is currently dating Ripley, and notably was involved in a romantic storyline with Aalyah while with WWE in 2020.
Referencing the SummerSlam 2005 custody of Dominik ladder match, Matthews tweeted:
I’ll let them fight for my custody in a ladder match!
Ripley replied with the following GIF:
— RheaRipley_WWE (@RheaRipley_WWE) July 26, 2022
Ripley last wrestled on the June 6 edition of Dynamite. She was originally slated to challenge for the Raw Women’s Championship at Money in the Bank, but was unable to compete at the event.
The popular star had previously indicated that she had been dealing with a brain injury.
It has been confirmed that Rey & Dominik Mysterio will face off against Finn Balor & Damian Priest in a No DQ match at SummerSlam.
Check out the the updated lineup for this Saturday’s Premium Live Event right here.
- AEW Star Has Very Awkward Encounter With CM Punk T-Shirt
- Report: Popular AEW Star ‘Trying To Get Fired’
- WWE Announces New Commentary Teams For Raw, SmackDown & NXT
- WWE Raw Name Gone From WWE
- Tony Khan Reveals Truth About Why He Takes Shots At WWE
- Tony Khan Spoke To WWE Management After Infamous Promo
- The Acclaimed Celebrates National Scissoring Day On AEW Dynamite
- Former WWE Tough Enough Winner Sara Lee Passes Away
- Spoiler On Return Set For WWE SmackDown
- Spoiler On Suspended AEW Star’s Return