A big babyface turn took place at the climax of today’s New Japan Pro Wrestling Burning Spirit event, causing a rift in the Bullet Club.
On the show, Bullet Club member Karl Anderson retained his NEVER Openweight Championship against Hiroshi Tanahashi, after which the Bullet Club assaulted Tanahashi.
Tama Tonga, current rival of IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Jay White, ran out to make the save against his old faction. White previously kicked Tonga and his brother Tanga Loa out of the group, replacing them with Anderson and Doc Gallows.
Bullet Club member Hikuleo then ran out from the back, but instead of joining his stablemates’ assault, he betrayed the Switchblade, with whom he had previously pledged his allegiance, to side with his brother.
Tama Tonga is set to challenge Jay White for the IWGP Championship at the upcoming Declaration of Power show on October 10.
Hikuleo has made several appearances for AEW this year, with him originally set to team with the Young Bucks and El Phantasmo at Forbidden Door against Shingo Takagi, Hiromu Takahashi, Sting and Darby Allin, with Hiromu’s absence leading to him being removed from the match.
— njpwworld (@njpwworld) September 25, 2022
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Former WWE Star Makes AEW Debut
- John Cena WWE Return Date Officially Revealed
- WWE Star Addresses Potential CM Punk Return
- WWE Discussing Roman Reigns Working Both Nights WrestleMania 39, Potential Opponents Revealed
- Update On Possible Sasha Banks NJPW Debut Match
- Scrapped MJF Babyface AEW Plans Revealed
- Report: Absent AEW Star Rejected Creative Plans For Return
- Kenny Omega Reacts To WWE Star’s Latest Shot At Him
- New WWE Signings Potentially Revealed, Plans For Reality Show
- WBD ‘Thrilled’ With AEW Dynamite Viewership