Cain Velasquez was denied bail for a second time during today’s (May 16) bail hearing, in his attempted murder case after a non-fatal shooting in San Jose, California.
Previous court documents stated that in late February, Velasquez was arrested after allegedly firing shots at Harry Goularte, who had been accused of molesting Velasquez’ family relative.
Goularte’s stepfather, Paul Bender, has claimed to have suffered nerve damage, alleging during the hearing that a bullet injured him so badly, he has damage to his fingers and can no longer work, per TMZ.
Velasquez is facing 10 total charges including 1st degree attempted murder, multiple counts of assault with a deadly weapon, and shooting an occupied motor vehicle, among others.
Velasquez shared a public statement on the incident in April which you can read right here.
We will continue to provide updates as they become available.
Judge Shelyna Brown denies Cain Velasquez bail.
"The court is not ruled by community opinion at all. … It is ruled by the law."
— Nolan King (@mma_kings) May 16, 2022
- Full Recap – Tony Khan Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call
- Report: WWE Using Robert Roode To ‘Teach’ Veer Mahaan
- Here’s Who Decided Stephanie McMahon Should Replace Vince McMahon
- Original Plan For Jon Moxley At Forbidden Door Before CM Punk Injury
- Lineup For AEW Blood & Guts Match Revealed
- Matt Hardy Reacts To Report Claiming He’s Injured
- Lio Rush Explains The Difference Between NXT & WWE Raw Locker Room (Exclusive)
- Sasha Banks Spotted With Another New Look
- Real Reason Sammy Guevara Joined Jericho Appreciation Society
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – June 24, 2022