Cain Velasquez was denied bail for a second time during today’s (May 16) bail hearing, in his attempted murder case after a non-fatal shooting in San Jose, California.
Per reporter Nolan King, as well as TMZ, Judge Shelyna Brown denied bail, meaning that Velasquez will now be in custody until at least June 10.
Previous court documents stated that in late February, Velasquez was arrested after allegedly firing shots at Harry Goularte, who had been accused of molesting Velasquez’ family relative.
Goularte’s stepfather, Paul Bender, has claimed to have suffered nerve damage, alleging during the hearing that a bullet injured him so badly, he has damage to his fingers and can no longer work, per TMZ.
Velasquez is facing 10 total charges including 1st degree attempted murder, multiple counts of assault with a deadly weapon, and shooting an occupied motor vehicle, among others.
Velasquez shared a public statement on the incident in April which you can read right here.
We will continue to provide updates as they become available.
Judge Shelyna Brown denies Cain Velasquez bail.
"The court is not ruled by community opinion at all. … It is ruled by the law."
— Nolan King (@mma_kings) May 16, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?