Despite attacking WWE Champion Brock Lesnar on SmackDown last night, and reportedly being scheduled for a match against Lesnar at Crown Jewel on October 31, Cain Velasquez has said he hasn’t yet signed with WWE.
Speaking with ESPN, Velasquez said:
“We’ve talked a little bit back and forth and nothing happened.
“They wanted to see my development. I think they’re pleased with what I’m doing now.”
He also added that pro-wrestling is now much his focus nowadays:
“This is definitely my focus.
“My family is into it, they love it. They’re super excited. I haven’t seen them excited over something like this in a while. It’s cool.”
MMAJunkie reports that Velasquez did get the okay from UFC to appear on SmackDown last night, and his informed them that he intends to pull from the USADA testing pool.
As noted, it is being reported that Cain Velasquez vs. Lesnar is scheduled for Crown Jewel, and is in fact planned to main event that show.
It was reported earlier in the week though that his contract negotiations with WWE had hit a snag, and he was also in talks with All Elite Wrestling.
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Top WWE Star Working WrestleMania 39 With Broken Arm
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Former Women’s Champion Wants To Face GUNTHER For WWE Intercontinental Title