It was reported yesterday that former WWE and UFC star Cain Velasquez had been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a man was taken to hospital with a gunshot wound.
Velasquez was reportedly being held without bail in a San Jose police station, and we now have some more information on the people allegedly involved in the incident.
According to the Mercury News, the man Velasquez allegedly shot was the stepfather of Harry Eugene Goularte, who last week was charged with molesting a member of Velasquez’s family at a home daycare in San Martin, California.
Goularte, 43, was arraigned last Friday on one felony count of a lewd and lascivious act with a child under the age of 14. The judge in his case granted him a supervised release, despite district attorney objections.
The report is that Velasquez allegedly opened fire on a vehicle carrying Goularte, his stepfather and at least one other person. Goularte’s stepfather was allegedly hit once, but is expected to recover from his injuries.
Velasquez was then reportedly arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, and is currently being held without bail at the Santa Clara County Main Jail.
If we hear any more news regarding his arrest, we will of course update you.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- WWE Star Reacts To Fans Believing They’d Be Buried Following Vince McMahon Departure
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Konnan Picks Winner of Dominik vs Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Match
- AEW Star Set For First Ever Televised Singles Match
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- WWE Hall Of Famer To Appear On WWE Programming The Night Before WrestleMania?