A former NXT star is planned to make their main roster debut on tonight’s WWE SmackDown.
On the May 1 WWE Draft edition of Raw, Cameron Grimes was selected in the final round by SmackDown.
This marked the first mention of the former NXT North American Champion since his final appearance on NXT in November 2022.
Ahead of tonight’s SmackDown, Fightful Select (subscription required) reported that Cameron Grimes is set to appear on the show in a backstage segment with Baron Corbin.
Corbin was not drafted by either main roster brand, but was named a free agent who can appear on either show.
As previously reported, Raw Women’s Champion Bianca Belair will make her first appearance on SmackDown since being drafted to the brand last week.
Tonight’s May 5 episode will take place from the location of tomorrow night’s Backlash event, San Juan, Puerto Rico.
One day before facing @ArcherOfInfamy at #WWEBacklash, @sanbenito will be live on #SmackDown TONIGHT from Puerto Rico!
📺 8/7c on @FOXTV pic.twitter.com/Ghh4ZWrSSK
— WWE (@WWE) May 5, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- New IMPACT World Champion Crowned
- NXT Stars Interfere In Big Match On SmackDown
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- Major WWE Championship Match Announced For SmackDown In London