It took Candice LeRae over three years in NXT to win her first championship. However, after that long wait, she and Indi Hartwell won the NXT Women’s Tag Team Championship on this week’s show.
The significance of this is not lost on LeRae who posted an emotional message to Instagram after her title win. She said that even if the road is long, the destination will be worth it in the end. Here is the quote from her post:
“It took me almost 2 decades of work for this moment, but hey—’Even miracles take a little time.’
Thank you everyone for the love and support. It’s still so surreal and 6-year-old me is losing her mind!
To my fellow unpopular, socially awkward, ‘weird’, anxious, overlooked, ‘geeky’ humans …. believe in your dreams and don’t give up on YOURSELF.
The road may be very long, but it will be worth it. I believe in you.”
Candice LeRae and Indi Hartwell defeated Ember Moon and Shotzi Blackheart to win the titles on this week’s NXT. The match was a Street Fight with LeRae getting the win with the Wicked Stepsister on a chair.
- Jon Moxley Addresses CM Punk WWE Return Promo
- CM Punk’s First WWE Feud Confirmed
- WWE Star Returns After Over 10 Months
- Update On Plans For Potential Roman Reigns & CM Punk WWE Feud
- AEW Stars Join New Faction
- CM Punk Hilariously References Seth Rollins Incident Following WWE Return
- WWE Star Reacts To Banned Move Seemingly Being Unbanned
- Details On Departed AEW Star’s ‘Fractured’ Relationship With Tony Khan
- WWE Star Returns With Bizarre New Gimmick
- WWE Star ‘Under Investigation’ Admits Responsibility For ‘Suspicious & Illegal Activity’