An NXT star has taken their opportunity on TV to reference a recent Twitter beef with a returning main roster star!
After making apparent amends on Twitter last night, Carmelo Hayes took a moment to joke about his recent back and forth with Carmella over their catchphrases.
With Hayes opening tonight’s WWE NXT on the mic by saying he wanted to drop some of his catchphrases quickly, he was interrupted by Trick Williams in lieu of completing them, specifically “Melo is Money”, which is what Carmella had taken exception to.
Keeping the jovial tone, Hayes ended up saying that “Melo In Two!” in reference to his sweep of Apollo Crews in their two out of three falls grudge match from Vengeance Day.
While Hayes continued to build a new catchphrase (where he refers to himself as “HIM”) he was interrupted by JD McDonagh.
It seems they will do battle tonight to see who deserves a title shot at Bron Breakker.
Bron Breakker has commented on a potential feud with Carmelo Hayes leading up to Stand & Deliver which you can read more about by clicking here.
You can keep up with all the breaking news from tonight’s NXT and every Tuesday by clicking here.
Mella Don’t Miss 👏🏾👏🏾 #WWERaw
— Carmelo Hayes (@Carmelo_WWE) February 7, 2023
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Scrapped John Cena WrestleMania 39 Matches Revealed