WWE has confirmed that former NXT name Cathy Kelley will be returning to WWE as an onscreen interviewer.
As first reported by Variety, the Raw, SmackDown and NXT broadcast teams have all received shakeups. It was noted that Kelley will conduct backstage interview on Raw.
Byron Saxton will also be a Raw interviewer. Mike Rome will be on ring announcing duties for the brand.
Kelley left WWE in 2020, after NXT TakeOver: Portland. She first started with the company in 2016, and went on to serve as an NXT interviewer, and host for the WWE Now social media show.
WWE has also announced that Hall of Famer Booker T will be a commentator for SmackDown. The Hall of Famer regularly appears for WWE during premium live event kickoff pre-shows.
Wade Barrett has also notably been moved from the NXT commentary table to the SmackDown announcer’s desk.
The October 7 edition of SmackDown and the October 10 episode of WWE Raw are being marketed as ‘season premieres’ for the respective brands.
Check out the new announced commentary teams right here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Star Slammed For Being A ‘Disrespectful Ripoff’
- WWE Hall Of Famer Criticizes ‘Childish Stuff’ From The Elite
- Tony Khan Announces Newest AEW Signing
- WWE Spoils Return, AEW Stars Considering Leaving, CM Punk Scrapped Plans Revealed – News Bulletin – November 30, 2022
- Ric Flair Calls Fellow WWE Hall Of Famer ‘An Arrogant Prick’
- Vince McMahon’s Reaction To WWE Spending $30,000 On Crazy Purchase
- NXT Star Shocks Fans Calling Fellow Star ‘C*nty’
- The Undertaker Says Current WWE Star Has ‘Never Been A Bigger Star’
- The Usos Hit Another Insane WWE Milestone
- Tony Khan Open To This WWE Hall Of Famer Wrestling For AEW