Celebrity crossovers into pro-wrestling often fall flat more often than not, for every Mike Tyson or Mr T, you have a Snooki or Kevin Federline.
However, it must be said that WWE has more hits than misses in recent years, with Logan Paul, Johnny Knoxville and Bad Bunny impressing greatly in a WWE ring.
And for Bad Bunny in particular, it seems like the appreciation is very much mutual as Bunny appeared on the Late Late Show with James Corden and spoke of his love for pro-wrestling.
“I love wrestling ever since I was a kid.
“In my songs, I have a lot of wrestling references. WWE said, ‘Wow, this guy is a fan of ours, so we should do something with him.’
“So they asked, ‘You want to be a referee? You want to be at the site?’ and I say, ‘I want to fight.’ ‘Really? Are you sure?’ ‘Yeah, I want to fight.’ I want to be in the ring. I want to fight for real.”
Bunny was then asked about his match at WrestleMania 37, where he teamed with Damian Priest to take on The Miz and John Morrison, labelling the match “the best day of my life”.
While Bunny hasn’t competed since the 2022 Royal Rumble he is set to make his WWE return at WWE’s Backlash event on May 6.
The event is the first Premium Live Event in WWE history to emanate from Puerto Rico, and will be hosted by Bunny who is a Puerto-Rican native.
Transcription courtesy of Wrestlezone.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania
- Tony Khan Uses WWE’s ‘Sworn Court Filings’ To Fire Back At Criticism Of AEW
- Update On Roman Reigns’ Post-WrestleMania Schedule
- Batista’s Status For 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Revealed
- AEW Stopped Wrestling Veteran From Retiring
- NJPW Star Set For AEW Dynamite Appearance?