A championship rematch has been announced for next week’s (July 23) episode of Friday Night SmackDown on FOX.
On this week’s episode of SmackDown, Bianca Belair successfully defended her SmackDown Women’s Championship against Carmella. The challenger has since taken to Twitter to claim that the conditions of the match were unfair.
Carmella posted a video, complaining that she only had 6 days to prepare for her title shot. Calling Belair a cheater, Carmella tweeted:
— The Most Beautiful Woman in all of WWE (@CarmellaWWE) July 17, 2021
On WWE Talking Smack, Belair reacted to Carmella’s claims. Accepting the title challenge, Belair said:
“Typical Carmella, like you said. She (said she) had six days to prepare. People love to go on Twitter and talk about how they’re not bothered when they are, which is fine. She got in the ring with me tonight, so, all I can say is I’m a fighting champion and I don’t back down from anything. So, if she wants a rematch, let’s do it again next week. I’m all for it. Let’s do it… I’m saying, be careful what you ask for because now I’m granting it to Carmella, next week.”
Belair was originally set to defend her gold against Bayley at Money in the Bank. Unfortunately, Bayley had to undergo surgery for an injury suffered during training.
Quote via Fightful.
- Roman Reigns Next Three Title Challengers Revealed
- Huge Update On Triple H WWE Status
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Status For Tonight’s WWE SmackDown
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 20, 2022
- Stephanie McMahon Departure Announcement ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
- WWE Talent ‘Could Not Understand’ Why Sasha Banks & Naomi Walked Out
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 20, 2022
- AEW’s Future In Further Doubt Following WarnerMedia Upfronts?
- Here’s Who Pitched Asuka Beating Becky Lynch After Sasha Banks & Naomi Walk-Out
- Did WWE Spoil Result Of Tag Team Title Unification Match?