Earlier today, WWE made the announcement on social media that Rhea Ripley would defend her Raw Women’s Championship in a WrestleMania Rematch with Asuka at WrestleMania Backlash.
However, that match is no longer scheduled to take place as originally planned, as on tonight’s episode of Raw, Sonya Deville added Charlotte Flair to the match to make it a triple threat.
This comes after Sonya Deville reinstated Charlotte Flair from her suspension last week.
ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE.@MsCharlotteWWE has been added to the #WWERaw #WomensTitle Match at #WMBacklash! pic.twitter.com/P2AEn6I2sh
— WWE (@WWE) May 4, 2021
WWE WrestleMania Backlash streams live on May 16, 2021 on the WWE Network, or Peacock in the United States.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Popular WWE Team To Potentially Reunite After WrestleMania
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury