The effects of Vince McMahon’s shocking retirement were immediately felt during last night’s SmackDown taping, when Brock Lesnar reportedly left the arena after finding out the news.
Following Lesnar leaving the show, the script was rewritten to remove him from the show, as well as pulling him from advertisements on WWE.com.
Lesnar returned in a better mood at around 8:30pm, when he was then rewritten into the show, where he came out and destroyed Theory to close the night.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), the script for the show had reportedly called for more Maximum Male Models presentation, which was limited to just a quick backstage introduction of Maxxine Dupri, as well as more time alloted to the Ronda Rousey and Liv Morgan segment.
Fightful notes that the backstage area was ‘chaotic’ due to the abrupt nature of the announcement, the 5 PM meeting, as well as Lesnar leaving the show. However, many considered it a looser show from a production standpoint, with those involved in that end also thinking that will be the case moving forward.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing
- Tony Khan Courting Goldberg For AEW All In?