Charlotte Flair has reflected on her decorated career, noting that she has had a number of title runs that she doesn’t feel proud of.
Since joining WWE in 2012, Flair has won the Divas Championship once, the NXT Women’s Championship twice, as well as the Raw and SmackDown Women’s Championships six times each.
Speaking with Graham GSM Matthews of Bleacher Report, Flair acknowledged that some of her title reigns didn’t amount to much.
Believing that she wins as long as fans are talking about her, Flair said:
“There’s a lot of title runs I’m not proud of just because I didn’t do anything with it, but when you look at it, it’s multiple feuds with multiple women that I dropped the title to. One of my favorite matches of all time was a main event on Raw where I dropped the title to Bayley in 2017.
“With where I’m at today, it’s not that they don’t like the good, they just don’t like the best. There’s a quote I look at, that’s not exactly it. But I must be doing something right to always be talked about: good, bad or indifferent.
Flair is slated to defend her SmackDown Women’s Championship against Ronda Rousey at WrestleMania 38.
Check out the full card for WrestleMania Saturday (April 2) here, and WrestleMania Sunday (April 3) here.
- ‘A Lot Of Concern’ Over Randy Orton Injury
- Report: Bandido Offered AEW Contract Following September 28 Dynamite
- Several WWE Stars Missing SmackDown Due To Hurricane Ian
- AEW Facing ‘Brutal’ Live Show Ticket Sales
- Young Bucks & Kenny Omega ‘Haven’t Heard Anything’ About AEW Return
- Brock Lesnar WWE Return Date Revealed?
- VICE TV Vince McMahon Documentary To Cover WWE Departure
- Rush Officially Signs With AEW
- Here’s Everyone Chris Jericho Could Face For The ROH Title
- The Good Brothers Are ‘Always Going To Listen’ To WWE Return Offers