A pair of top WWE stars are set for upcoming movie roles.
Following her loss to Rhea Ripley for the SmackDown Women’s Championship at WrestleMania 39, Charlotte Flair has been off WWE programming since then.
Meanwhile, Liv Morgan recently suffered a shoulder injury that led to her and Raquel Rodriguez relinquishing the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championships.
This means both Flair and Morgan will be absent from upcoming WWE TV, but both women will be busy with new roles outside the company.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), Charlotte Flair and Liv Morgan are slated for a wrestling related movie, which films in Louisville, Kentucky in June.
Starring Emily Bett Rickards as Mildred Burke, the movie will highlight the women’s wrestling pioneer’s life, career and marriage.
The film is based on the book, “Queen of the Ring” by the Pulitzer Prize winning Jeff Leen. It’s produced by Aimee Schoof and Isen Robbins, and written/directed by Ash Avildsen.
Charlotte Flair is set to portray the role of June Byers, while Liv Morgan is slated to portray Clara Mortensen.
Jim Ross recently discussed that he will helping out with the film behind the scenes.
Here are results from the May 15 episode of WWE Raw:
Shinsuke Nakamura def. The Miz
It was announced Liv Morgan had suffered an injury and the scheduled Women’s Tag Team Championship match was cancelled
Mustafa Ali won a battle royal to become #1 contender for Gunther’s Intercontinental Championship at Night of Champions
Becky Lynch returned and cut a promo on Trish Stratus, challenging her to a match at Night of Champions
Dominik Mysterio def. Xavier Woods
As JD McDonagh left the arena after an interview, there was a tease of Finn Balor scouting him to recruit him for Judgment Day
Indus Sher (Sanga & Veer) def. two jobbers
Cody Rhodes promo on Brock Lesnar ahead of their Night of Champions match
Raquel Rodriguez def. Chelsea Green
Judgment Day (Finn Balor & Damian Priest) def. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn after interference from Imperium, which had been instigated by Paul Heyman doing deals with Judgment Day and Imperium earlier in the night
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- Seth Rollins’ First World Heavyweight Championship Defence Confirmed For June 5 WWE Raw
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?
- Update On Drew McIntyre Amid Ongoing WWE Absence